Chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans), have been grown and eaten in Middle Eastern countries for thousands of years.
This legume tastes great in numerous dishes due to its nutty taste and grainy texture. They’re the main ingredient in hummus and make an excellent meat substitute due to their high protein content.
As a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fibre, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as aiding weight management, improving digestion, and reducing your risk of disease.
Here are four methods to cook chickpeas:
- Long soak for 8 hours or overnight, and simmer on the stovetop for 1 – 2 hours
- Quick soak and simmer on the stove, which takes about 3 hours
- In the slow cooker, 4 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low heat
- In a pressure cooker, about 1 hour
1 cup of dried chickpeas will make about 3 cups of cooked chickpeas.
To get started with chickpeas, try roasting them as a snack or adding them to a salad.
Choose between aluminium brown bag or glass jar for your mix’s packaging. We only charge a minimal packaging fee of RM1.00 for aluminium brown bag and RM4.00 for glass jar as our initiative to keep the world eco-healthy!
Price per 100g: RM2.50 plus the packaging price of your choice.
* Only aluminium brown bags are available for standard shipments to Singapore and East Malaysia.
Guaranteed Safe Checkout